We received a call on Mother's Day about a very young European Starling who had swallowed the tip of a feeding syringe. While not on the Species at Risk list and considered a pest by many, two mothers simply could not turn their backs on a baby in desperate need of care. Using knowledge gained from many years of poultry rearing, gentle massage and the power of gravity, Deb was able to successfully remove the feeding tip from the crop of the tiny bird. The question remained though....did the feeding tip cause any trauma to the delicate tissues inside?? Only time would tell. Deb carefully maintained his hydration level and gradually re-introduced a food designed for baby birds of this species. Shorty thrived under her care and today graduated to the outdoor flight pen where he will develop his flying skills and learn to find his own food in preparation for his release.